Kwik shop gas prices

Comments

lmatt 6 years, 9 months ago

I realize alot of people dont see the prices in Lawrence every day, but I do. For the past couple of day the Kwik shop on east 23rd st has increased prices overnight .$20/gal, then will drop back during the day. Like today, its $2.95 per gal and ALL the other stations are $2.79 gal. And yess the price that the Lawrence location has, goes straight to the Eudora location. Dont get gas at the kwik shop until they adjust their prices. And for you info, if Eudora's Kwik shop increases, Caseys HAS to increase their price per corp standards.

greenman 6 years, 9 months ago

I was noticing the other day that places that sell gas have these huge signs with the price per gallon on them. I usually get it where it's the cheapest.

teddy 6 years, 9 months ago

It does make sense to shop in Eudora so our sales tax dollars stay in Eudora. As much money as we spend on gas, we should try to give it towards Eudora sales tax instead of Lawrence or other towns. A few cents now will help out trememdously when Eudora receives sales tax payments. On so many other posts you are all for Eudora and supporting our town. Well, this goes along with it - SUPPORT EUDORA BUSINESSES!

lmatt 6 years, 8 months ago

Ok people, saw in Lawrence this mouring, the Kwik shop at 23rd & harper was $2.99/gal. The Eudora shop was $3.09/gal. I called the Eudora manager, and she told me that in no way was her store going to change to $2.99. Its only 5 miles between the two stations and the same truck fills both tanks. Now you tell me that people in Eudora are not being ripped off! Ten cents per gallon is a big difference since so many people go to LAwrence atleast once a day. So, Eudora is not getting this business.

simpsonmomm 6 years, 8 months ago

i saw that too. i will drive 5 miles to save me a dime a gallon. it adds up. if these businesses want to keep the money in town be competitive and lower the prices!!!!

greenman 6 years, 8 months ago

Let's do the math:

Round trip to nearest Lawrence Kwik Shop from 10th and Church is 19.38 miles (according to Mapquest).

Let's say your vehicle gets 25 mpg.
It would take you .77 gallons of gas to make the trip. Let's say gas is 3.00/gallon 3.00 X .77 = 2.31. If you save .10/gallon you would need to buy 23 gallons to break even, unless you value your time, and then you would end up in the hole.

Try doing this little exercise in your head before you run to Lawrence or Olathe to "save" money on groceries or hardware or eating out or whatever.

Support local businesses. It makes sense in a lot of ways.

Do the math.

simpsonmomm 6 years, 8 months ago

wrong Kwik shop on your map quest. its only 6 miles to the kwik shop in question. if you work in lawrence makes more sense to buy there. i took my husband to work this morning and gas is even cheaper in johnson county than here in town. i would love to keep money here but i wont grab my ankles and hope it dont hurt to do so. LOWER prices will keep my money here. Checkers is cheaper than C&S, soon Desota will have a price chopper across from the high school, if they are cheaper than checkers thats where i will go. EUDORA needs to think of the people who live here and to make us want to keep our money in town.

thiisiknow 6 years, 8 months ago

I will say that since C&S has the sister store in Baldwin the prices are really getting competitive. I look over all the ads and determine where I shop but, C&S is having alot of great prices of late and I will shop them for alot more now than before. It makes me happy when I can buy from them and it saves gas too.

MoneyWatch 6 years, 8 months ago

Buy gas at Caseys, Better gas and cheaper most of the time.All the employees live here in town too, not in Lawrence like Kwik Shop.

drthyofoz70 6 years, 8 months ago

Poor, Poor victims...the price of education & groceries, now gas. Maybe soon we can whine about, oh I don't know; the price of sewer/water improvements, phone service, street repair - because we don't really need any of that stuff either.

teddy 6 years, 8 months ago

How many of you buy a 32 oz. soft drink at either a fast food restaurant or gas station for about $1.29? Talk about a rip off! You could buy a whole 2 liter for that price or even a little more, but think of the value you'd get. Those drinks are way overpriced and most people that fill up on gas, get one to three of those drinks daily. They are way overpriced. They just don't hurt you so bad at a time. But if you are talking value for dollar, they are even worse. It all depends on how you look at it? Do you smoke? Should we talk about those prices?

greenman 6 years, 8 months ago

It was the correct Kwik Shop, but it doesn't matter, because as usual, you completely missed the point.

I've a headache now. The school bond passed almost a week ago, and while I'm so glad it passed, I forgot just how much it hurt banging my head against the wall trying to make a logical point on this forum.

And if it's cheap prices you want, I've an idea for you:

Open a business yourself. Or several of them. Sell things to yourself and everyone else at below cost. Go broke.

You simply are not considering all of the things local businesses provide. We provide jobs for people who live here. We pay taxes on our homes and businesses that help provide YOUR services. We sponsor youth sports. We give to everyone who comes in for this club or that team or whatever. Why? Because it is the right thing to do and we believe in this community. We put OUR money where OUR mouth is and we are laying it on the line to build our businesses and this community. Come on and jump in the game, there's plenty of room - but then I suppose you have some good excuse for not doing that too.

Good for you for wanting to save a nickel here or a dime there. I'm sorry you have to run down Eudora businesses in order to accomplish those things. To me, by doing that you lose any ability (and certainly credibility) to complain about there not being more retail here. When the PriceChopper or whatever comes in - move to DeSoto. It should be a good fit, they voted their school bond down and I'm sure they have the solutions for all of the other things you get on here and b!tch about.

Yours is EXACTLY the attitude that the school district and the people who want this town to have a future had to overcome in order to get this community moving forward. And it will only get better from here.

drthyofoz70 6 years, 8 months ago

Thank you, greenman! One more whiner would have sent me over the edge. At least all that talk of DQ blizzards got some positive feedback.

E_Kim_Noselo 6 years, 8 months ago

Here's my little test. Drain your tank all the way empty. I mean to the last drop. Meet me at the Kwik Shop in Eudora. I will then put one gallon, that again was one gallon. We will even use my truck that on a good day will get 9mpg. I wil get you that gallon. You get on New 10 HWY and drive till she won't drive no more. Then you get your lazy butt out of my truck and after your, say 9-11 mile walk back to quick shop tell me again, "That was a total rip-off"....I think not. Quit your complaining an floor it when in doubt....Everybody is just used to the old gas prices. Is everyone so niave to think that it wasn't coming or that the Federal Government wasn't prepping you for it. We are not in a war In Iraq for the feedom of people, it's for oil and the sooner you see it, the better off you'll be. Wake up.....

minnie3 6 years, 8 months ago

If I have to take my business out of Eudora, I will at least keep it in Douglas County.

itsbeenalongday 6 years, 8 months ago

surly some of you crybabies bellyaching about the gas prices here in eudora have got to be joking. you cannot expect kwik shop and caseys to compete with prices set in lawrence.i know that in the mornings it appears that buiness is booming for the two, but they are not coming close to the total hourly sales that stations in lawrence are having. matching lawrence and or jo.co prices would defeat the purpose.you think anyone from lawrence would drive to eudora for fuel to save 10 cents a gallon?? hopefully actions like passing the school bond will bring more people to eudora thus providing more buisness for these places.that will lead to lower prices.

lmatt 6 years, 8 months ago

"greenman" and others, are the BIGGEST wimps I have every seen! Greenman, I would love to meet you in person.

Sign in to comment