Verizon Wireless Issues in Town

Comments

voiceofsanity 6 years, 9 months ago

Is anyone else who has verizon as their cell phone provider having problems with reception in Eudora? My cell phone has had practically no service in Eudora for at least a month.

barnhardt 6 years, 9 months ago

I live under the towers and haven't noticed any servicemen lately. The generators have been running alot though.

drthyofoz70 6 years, 9 months ago

I have heard several people mention that their verizon phones are getting spotty reception around town, lately. (mine included)

thiisiknow 6 years, 9 months ago

I have heard if you live close to the police station your service can be spotty due to their eqiptment.

mattg 6 years, 9 months ago

Ours has gotten pretty cruddy the past month as well...lots and lots of dropped calls, and frequently no reception at all. It used to be FAR better than this...

Well, I called Verizon back yesterday and they had this to say: They can't figure out what's wrong. They know it's not an issue with the towers. They think it's an external issue, that something else is interfering with our signal. They said they don't know if they will be able to fix it. The guy I spoke to said if it isn't fixed by the end of this week, Verizon will let us opt out of our contracts without the late termination fee!

So it sounds like they've given up on us.

mattg 6 years, 9 months ago

Really? I can actually get out of my contract with them? That would be fantastic...I've regretted it from the minute I signed on.

That's what they told me! I can't believe it! Call and complain about the problem and see if they give you the same offer. One thing I will say, my call was answered very quickly and they were very fast at giving me information. So as far as calling a call center goes, it was a pretty good experience.

Called Verizon again today, they are installing new antennaes on the Eudora tower later this week. Says that should fix the problem. We'll see....

Sign in to comment