Couple to celebrate golden anniversary
James and Norma Groom, Bonner Springs, will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of vows on Saturday, Oct. 20, in Bonner Springs.
Norma Baird and James Groom were married Dec. 27, 1951.
He graduated from Gower (Mo.) High School and served in the Korean War. He was also employed by Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant.
She also graduated from Gower High School. She was employed at Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant and later worked in retail at Wehner's IGA in Sunflower Village and then at Bob's Thriftway in De Soto.
The couple has four daughters, Carol Kieffaber, Shawnee, Jackie Clark, Eudora, Pam Bryant, Rapleje, Mont., and Rhonda DeHaven, Sedalia, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
In lieu of gifts, the family would like written memories, copies of photos or cards for a memory book sent to: Sue Cooper, P.O. Box 533, Eudora, KS 66025.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut
- Kansas legislators struggle to draft tax plan for budget fix
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers