Ethel E. Eubanks
Services for Ethel Elizabeth Eubanks, 83, Lawrence, were Friday, Sept. 21, at Warren-McElwain Mortuary. Burial was in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Mrs. Eubanks died Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2001, at Brandon Woods Retirement Community.
She was born May 13, 1918, in Cherryvale, the daughter of Ellis Earl and Georgia M. Onslager Hills. She had lived in Lawrence since 1955.
Mrs. Eubanks was manager in the art department of the Kansas University Bookstore. She retired in 1979.
She was a member of First Christian Church.
She married Theodore H. Eubanks on April 6, 1936, in Independence, Kan. He died May 2, 1991.
Survivors include three sons, Larry Eubanks, Lawrence, Theodore H. Eubanks Jr., Eudora, and Jimmy E. Eubanks, Lawrence; a half-brother, Arthur John Taylor, Gulf Breeze, Fla.; three half-sisters, Betty Brooks, Coffeyville, Norma Curran, Cottonwood, Ariz., and Peggy Wagner, Laramie, Wyo.; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials in her name to First Christian Church, sent in care of the mortuary.
Online condolences may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers draft new plan to raise taxes to fix budget
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan