Accident north of Eudora sends two to hospital, one to jail
A Linwood man was arrested Friday after a two-car accident north of Eudora that sent one local resident to the hospital.
Leavenworth County Patrol Clerk Ann Magee said Linwood resident James Gray, 36, was arrested at Kansas University Medical Center by the Kansas Highway Patrol. Gray was arrested on charges of obstruction of the legal process, leaving the scene of an injury accident, and criminal possession of firearms. He was booked in the Leavenworth County jail and was released on bond, she said.
According to Leavenworth County Sheriff's reports, Eudora resident Brian Lynch, 34, was driving a 1990 Toyota pickup truck north on 222nd Street when he slowed to turn west on Alexander Road. Lynch's vehicle was struck from behind by Gray, who was driving a 2002 Toyota LCW. The impact sent the vehicles into the ditch.
Linwood resident Andrew Gray, 39, was a passenger in James Gray's vehicle.
Lynch was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital by Lawrence-Douglas County Emergency Medical Services. He was treated and released.
Eudora Emergency Medical Services and the Eudora Police Department assisted at the scene.
More like this story
- Three injured in accident at Baldwin Junction
- Slick roads contribute to accident
- Leavenworth girl injured in accident south of Eudora
- Kansas Highway Patrol identifies Eudora woman, Missouri man as two injured in Thursday's K-10 accident, near DeSoto
- Two dead, three with serious injuries after accident on Kansas Highway 10 near Eudora