Dorothy E. von Achen
Memorial services for Dorothy Elizabeth von Achen, 88, Eudora were Monday, Jan. 10, at Warren-McElwain Mortuary Eudora Chapel. Inurnment was private.
Mrs. von Achen died Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2005, at her home.
She was born May 25, 1916, in Kansas City, Mo., the daughter of Joe and Vestana Hoff Paffen.
Mrs. von Achen was treasurer of Kenneth O. von Achen Chartered Architects before she retired in 2003. She performed as a youth in a family magician vaudeville act.
She had been a member of the Dow Janes, 1900 and Now Club, Weaver Bottom H.D.U. and Trinity Episcopal Church. She served on the Lexington Township Election Board.
She married Kenneth O. von Achen on Jan. 7, 1938, in Kansas City, Mo. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Suzy Miller, Wichita, and Vestana Ahlen, Eudora; a son, J. Kurt von Achen, Eudora; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Fairy Godmother's Fund or Eudora Public Library, sent in care of the mortuary, 1003 John L. Williams Drive, Eudora 66025.
E-mail condolences may be sent to email@example.com, subject: von Achen.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Senate to consider tax increases to close budget gap
- Kansas House panel working on plan to raise various taxes