City council agenda
Among the business items on the 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13 Eudora City Council agenda are:
- Fire Chief ---- Eudora Mayor Tom Pyle will again announce his appointment of Kevin Ganoe for the position of Eudora City Fire Chief. Ganoe previously failed an appointment sparking the city to perform a third employee search for the position, which ultimately yielded lukewarm results.
- Deer Valley ---- After passing through the Eudora Planning Commission with 4 -- 3 approval for recommendation of residential, duplex and highway commercial zoning, the Deer Valley subdivision to be developed near Intech Business Park will go before the council.
- Mowing ---- The council will discuss bids for firms to mow city properties.
- Statue ---- Preparing for the city's sesquicentennial anniversary in 2007, the council will discuss ways to finance the commission of a bronze statue of Eudora Fish, for whom the city of Eudora was named.
- Meters ---- The council will vote on the purchase of Turtle meters for the Electric Department.
- Police Car ---- The council will either approve or deny an option to start taking bids for a 2006 police cruiser.
- Stop signs. The council will hear a request for stop signs for the north and south bound traffic at the intersection of Acorn Street and 14th Street.
The meeting will be at Eudora City Hall.