Aluminum can collection site
The Eudora Scouts have a trailer parked at the south end of the parking lot at C&S Market, 1402 Church St., for patrons to donate aluminum cans. Monies raised from the cans will help the Scouts and the Eudora Youth Service Organization.
The EYSO was organized Nov. 17, 1974, following a contract agreement between the organization and the First United Methodist Church of Eudora in which the church furnished the Salem Chapel building for the organization, which was to make the necessary repairs to the building and pay operative and maintenance costs. The EYSO raised funds and helped remodel and pay for repairs to the roof, outside brick masonry, windows and other needed repairs before it opened for use in March 1975.
Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, the Eudora 4-H Club, United Methodist youth groups and other organizations have used the building for meetings.