Douglas County free fair schedule
This year's Douglas County Fair runs July 29 to Aug. 6 at the Douglas County Fairgrounds, 19th Street and Harper Ave., in Lawrence.
The 4-H horse show is at 9 a.m. July 29. The open horse show is at 9 a.m. July 30. A variety of other shows and exhibits take place Aug. 1 to 5.
Poultry, goat and 4-H swine shows are Aug. 2. The rabbit, dairy, bucket calf and sheep show will be Aug. 3 and the 4-H/open beef show is Aug. 4. A llama show will take place Aug. 5.
Children's activities begin at 10 a.m. Aug. 5 and a pedal tractor pull will be at 1 p.m. Aug. 5.
The livestock buyer's reception will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Aug. 6. The awards ceremony will be at 3 p.m. Aug. 6 followed by the 4-H livestock auction at 4:30 p.m.
The Moore's Greater Shows Carnival will be open from 6 to 11 p.m. Aug. 1 to 3; from 6 p.m. to midnight Aug. 4; and from 1 to 11 p.m. Aug. 5 at the Douglas County Fair, 19th Street and Harper Ave., in Lawrence.
Bracelet night for the carnival will be Aug. 2 when admission bracelets are $20. From 1 to 5 p.m. Aug. 5, admission bracelets will cost $15.
Admission bracelets allow purchasers unlimited rides.
Exhibit buildings will be open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 2 to 5.
Main events at the fair include:
- Draft Horse Pull, rodeo arena, free admission, 7 p.m.
- Cubby Lane and the Secrets," black top area, free admission, 7:30 to 10 p.m.
- Antique tractor pull, free admission,
- Kelley Hunt, black top area, free admission, 8 p.m.
- Demolition Derby, 7:30 p.m. All tickets $10 each. Tickets go on sale at noon, Aug. 2 in building 21. Call 842-6322.
- "Lawrence Letterday," black top area, free admission, 8 to 10:30 p.m.
- Joey Glenn, black top area, free admission, 7 to 10 p.m.
- Missouri State Tractor Pullers Association, Hot Rod Tractor and Truck Pull, 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults; children under 12, $5. Tickets available the week of the fair at the fair office, building 21. Gates open at 6 p.m.
For more information or a complete schedule, visit the fair's Web site at www.dgcountyfair.com or call the information line at 841-6322.