Keeping Halloween safe
Safety tips for parents:
- When purchasing a costume, make sure the child's vision is unobstructed as possible.
- Because of heavy traffic keep an eye on younger children. Stay as close to them as possible.
- After trick-or-treating inspect any items that aren't in their original packaging.
Tip for driving:
- Be aware there will be a lot of foot traffic Halloween night.
Safety tips for businesses
- Make sure employees are more observant Halloween night and are more ware of customers entering or leaving the business.
- Be considerate of those in the city who don not have their light on.
If passing out candy:
- Make sure the doorway is well lit and free of debris for the trick-or-treaters.
For more information call the Eudora Police Department 542-3121.