Baldwin City woman identified as victim in fatality accident
Car overturned on county road southeast of Lawrence
A Baldwin City woman has been identified as the victim in a fatality accident Tuesday southeast of Lawrence.
Donna Caviness, 59, was killed when her 1997 Honda overturned in the 900 section of East 1900 Road, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. She was pronounced dead at the scene. She was the only person in the car.
Officers are still investigating, but they said the car was traveling south on East 1900 when it went out of control, entered the west ditch, struck a culvert, became airborne and came to rest on its top.
Several law enforcement and medical rescue crews responded to the accident which was reported at 4:24 p.m. Tuesday.
More like this story
- Woman found alive near abandoned vehicle with blood 'in and around it' near Baldwin City
- Car-train wreck sends one to hospital
- 'Person of interest' in Lansing homicide becomes suspect
- Icy roads lead to rollover accident on County Road 1055; more ice possible through overnight hours
- Baldwin man dead in accident south of Eudora