Emergency crews remove bottle of blue liquid from Eudora mailbox
Emergency crews responded Thursday afternoon to a possible hazardous materials call in Eudora.
Police Chief Greg Dahlem said officials believe a plastic Dr Pepper bottle filled with a blue liquid — possibly antifreeze — was placed in the mailbox at 14th and Fir streets. The mailbox was at the street, rather than on the home.
Officials removed the bottle from the mailbox and sealed it in a five-gallon container. As of 3:10 p.m., they had done nothing further with the bottle.
Check back to LJWorld.com for updates.
More like this story
- Bomb technicians say bottle found in Eudora mailbox contained ingredients for explosive device
- Two more Drano bombs explode in Eudora mailboxes
- Four suspects identified in connection with Eudora mailbox bombings
- Natural gas leak forces evacuation in Eudora
- Emergency crews responding to second Douglas County accident