Also from August 3
- State’s chief justice announces retirement
- August 3, 2010
- Kansas Supreme Court Chief Justice Robert E. Davis announced Tuesday morning that he was resigning — effective immediately — because of health reasons.
- Douglas County hits 100 degrees for second straight day, heat warning extended until Wednesday
- 08:17 a.m., August 3, 2010 Updated 04:07 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has extended an excessive heat warning for Douglas County until 8 p.m. Wednesday evening.