NWS issues severe thunderstorm watch until 11 p.m.
The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas County until 11 p.m. Friday.
The primary threats with this story are hail up to two inches in diameter and winds gusting up to 75 mph.
The storms are already firing and are expected to move southward as the afternoon moves along.
Counties included in the watch are:
More like this story
- Several northeast Kansas counties under severe thunderstorm watch
- Severe thunderstorm watch for area counties until 10 p.m.
- Thunderstorm watch until 3 a.m. and flash flood watch until 7 a.m. for select local counties
- Severe thunderstorm warning canceled for Douglas County
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties