Woman killed in head-on collision on K-10
K-10 and Lexington Ave.
De Soto A 23-year-old Lawrence woman died Thursday morning in a head-on collision on Kansas Highway 10.
Amanda Newton was driving east on K-10 when her Ford Escort crossed the median and hit a FedEx truck heading west at 8:20 a.m. just west of De Soto.
Newton was killed and the driver of the truck, Donavan Henderson, of Kansas City, Mo., was injured. Henderson is in stable condition at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
Westbound lanes of K-10 at Lexington Avenue were closed and eastbound traffic was reduced to one lane for nearly four and a half hours while crews cleared the scene.
More like this story
- Lawrence woman, Olathe man die in deadly K10 accident near De Soto
- Kansas Highway Patrol identifies Eudora woman, Missouri man as two injured in Thursday's K-10 accident, near DeSoto
- Two Johnson County residents injured in median cross-over crash on K-10
- Deadly accident spurs calls to make K-10 safer
- De Soto woman killed, at least one other person injured, in accident on K-10 between Eudora, De Soto Monday night