Vandalism suspected in Eudora gas leak
A gas leak in Eudora caused the evacuation of a few houses near the leaky valve early Tuesday morning near the intersection of 11th and Ash streets.
Emergency crews responded to the leak about 3 a.m. after an officer said the natural gas was pouring out of an open valve. The same valve leaked on April 14.
Eudora Fire Chief Chris Moore said he suspected vandalism because the same valve was opened in the same place in the middle of the night.
Police and fire crews responded to the scene, which closed down the area and forced residents of nearby houses to evacuate. An employee from Atmos Energy also responded to the leak.