Thunderstorms, hail possible Thursday afternoon, evening
Thunderstorms, heavy rain and hail are possible Thursday afternoon and evening across northeast Kansas, according to the Hazardous Weather Outlook from the National Weather Service offices in Topeka and Pleasant Hill, Mo.
Locations near and south of Interstate 70 may see baseball-size hail, winds up to 70 mph and isolated tornadoes.
Counties that could see severe weather include:
More like this story
- National Weather Service issues tornado watch, other advisories
- High winds, hail blow through area
- Severe thunderstorm watch issued for northeast Kansas until 3 a.m.
- NWS issues winter storm warning for region; 3-6 inches of sleet and snow possible
- Douglas County, surrounding area in tornado watch until 9 p.m.