Archive for Thursday, March 3, 2011

Overheated equipment sparks blaze at Eudora Dairy Queen

March 3, 2011

Overheated equipment inside the Dairy Queen in Eudora caused a fire early Thursday morning, and the business sustained interior damage, Eudora Police Chief Grady Walker said.

Walker said accidental blaze started when a cone-dipping machine apparently overheated. No one was inside the building, 1502 Church St., when fire crews and officers arrived about 4:30 a.m., he said.

“There’s lots of interior damage, so they’ll be closed for awhile to redo that,” Walker said.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.