Kansas: Pot tourism trips planned from Salina to Denver
Salina A man is planning to offer rides from Salina to Denver for people who want to buy legal marijuana.
Bart Allen says he hopes to drive a 12-passenger Mercedes van for Saturday overnight trips to Denver, beginning this weekend. He says his target customers will be people 45 or older who want to learn whether the drug could help them ease medical conditions.
The Salina Journal reports Allen says his passengers will tour at least one marijuana dispensary and grow site, and then enjoy a night out in Denver before returning on Sunday.
Allen said he thinks the $420 cost of the trip will deter recreational pot users from reserving a seat on his van.
More like this story
- Kansas Highway Patrol investigates whether drugs contributed to double-fatality Saturday afternoon on K-10
- Man, 79, charged in pot bust challenges search
- Kansas mulling response to legal pot in Colorado
- Baldwin City couple turns to medical marijuana as lifeline for 2-year-old son
- Marijuana advocates hope for vote on pot issue