John Taylor Editor
John Taylor is group editor for World Company weekly newspapers and editor of the Shawnee Dispatch. Taylor previously had worked from 1988 to 2004 at the Lawrence Journal-World, where he had been news editor since 1994. A 1982 graduate of the University of Kansas, Taylor also has worked for the Coffeyville Journal.
- Organizers ready for Lansing DAZE
- January 28, 2011
- Lansing DAZE 2007 features a new date, a new venue and slimmed-down offerings, but it’s still the same family-fun festival, organizers say.
- Holland seeking name recognition in governor’s race
- October 28, 2010
- Around Kansas, Tom Holland is spreading his message and seeking enough name recognition to propel him to a four-year term in the Governor’s Office The Baldwin City Democrat isn’t lacking name recognition in his own hometown, though.
- Federal, state officials lead charge against detainee transfers to Fort Leavenworth
- 11:40 a.m., August 3, 2009 Updated 03:07 p.m.
- Half of the state’s congressional delegation showed for a Monday morning news conference to protest plans to possibly move suspected terrorist detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to Fort Leavenworth.
- Brown, Kelton vie to represent 38th House District
- October 30, 2008
- One is the incumbent, a small-businessman and former teacher who wants to make his home district the best place to do business and raise a family. The other is an economist who has published dozens of articles on public policy issues. Both want to be elected to represent the 38th Kansas House District, a district that stretches from Johnson County to northeastern Douglas County.
- Economy heart of issue in congressional race
- October 30, 2008
- In the race for the 3rd District congressional seat, it’s no surprise the U.S. economy is a hot topic as Election Day approaches.