See current severe weather alerts.
Get commuter and severe weather updates via e-mail or SMS text message
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Tonganoxie Phil: Early spring is on its way
- February 4, 2014
- Longtime physician by day, weather prognosticator by morning. Dr. Phil Stevens has been practicing medicine at the same office in downtown Tonganoxie for more than 58 years.
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties
- March 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch that’s in effect until midnight for Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
- Tornado watch issued for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties
- February 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties. It is in effect until 1 a.m. Wednesday.
- Ozone alert in effect Tuesday in metro KC
- August 1, 2011
- The prospect of unhealthy levels of smog today has prompted officials to issue an orange Ozone Alert for the entire metropolitan Kansas City area.
- NWS warns: Weekend will be hot
- July 14, 2011
- Temperatures during the weekend heat watch could reach as high as 100 degrees. Factoring in humidity, heat indices will be between 105 and 110 degrees.
- Disaster officials urge Kansans to prepare for tornadoes
- May 24, 2011
- Despite living in the Midwest, where tornadoes frequently threaten the spring and early-summer weather, relatively few Kansas residents actually have a home tornado plan or disaster supply kit in place, according to the Red Cross.
- Thunderstorms, hail possible Thursday afternoon, evening
- April 14, 2011
- Thunderstorms, heavy rain and hail are possible Thursday afternoon and evening across northeast Kansas, according to the Hazardous Weather Outlook from the National Weather Service offices in Topeka and Pleasant Hill, Mo.
- High winds, hail blow through area
- 08:25 p.m., April 3, 2011 Updated 08:44 p.m.
- A line of thunderstorms Sunday evening that blew through northeast Kansas caused some damage in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties.
- After another snowfall, KDOT asks commuters to take their time
- February 25, 2011
- Commuters in the region are being urged to take their time on their morning drive in the wake of a late-February storm that brought snow, sleet and freezing rain to the region.
- NWS issues winter storm warning for region; 3-6 inches of sleet and snow possible
- February 24, 2011
- Another round of winter is expected to blow through the area today.