See current severe weather alerts.
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Rough weather hits southwest Kansas, at least 1 tornado
- May 26, 2015
- The National Weather Service says a super cell storm swept across western Kansas, spawning at least one tornado.
- Steady rain swelling Missouri, Kansas streams, rivers
- May 24, 2015
- Heavy storms across Missouri and Kansas have been pushing streams and rivers out of their banks, and forecasters say more rain is likely this week.
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- 09:21 a.m., April 8, 2015 Updated 10:41 a.m.
- A forecaster has warned that the ingredients necessary to “blow up some big storms” would fall into place Wednesday and Thursday and cautioned millions of residents in the middle of the country to be aware of worsening weather.
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- March 2, 2015
- Weather officials in Kansas are worried that the state’s lack of tornados last year will make citizens complacent going into tornado season this spring.
- Kansas sees lowest tornado total in 25 years
- December 29, 2014
- Kansas officials say the state saw the lowest number of tornadoes this year in 25 years.
- Q&A: Drones might help explain how tornadoes form
- December 18, 2014
- Researchers say they have collected promising weather data by flying instrument-laden drones into big Western and Midwestern storms. Now, they want to expand the project in hopes of learning more about how tornadoes form.
- National Weather Service issues tornado watch, other advisories
- March 27, 2014
- In like a lion and out like a lion?
- Tonganoxie Phil: Early spring is on its way
- February 4, 2014
- Longtime physician by day, weather prognosticator by morning. Dr. Phil Stevens has been practicing medicine at the same office in downtown Tonganoxie for more than 58 years.
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties
- March 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch that’s in effect until midnight for Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
- Tornado watch issued for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties
- February 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties. It is in effect until 1 a.m. Wednesday.