- Flood Warning issued November 27 at 7:32PM CST until November 29 at 9:20PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 7:32 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 27, 2015
- Expires: 9:20 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 29, 2015
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas...
Spring River above Baxter Springs affecting Cherokee County
Spring River at Carthage affecting Jasper County
.Heavy rainfall the past couple of days will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage.
...For the Spring River above Baxter Springs...
* At 6:30 PM Friday The stage was 12.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise above flood stage by around midnight and continue
to rise to near 14.8 feet by tomorrow early afternoon. The river
will fall below flood stage by tomorrow late evening.
* Impact...At 14.5 feet...The north end of Kiwanis Park floods.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 6 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Sat Sun Mon
Spring River Basin
Baxter Springs 14 12.1 Fri 06 PM 12.6 8.2 6.2
- See more at NOAA