Is this numer right ? 46 Acres For a new school

Comments

teddy 7 years ago

Does anyone know the program that they are supposedly saying the state will pay 38% of the cost of the school. If this does not happen, our taxes WILL go up in a big way. I can't get an answer from anyone about the DETAILS on this to check it out and make sure we are not just being told that. I feel this is a huge key as to whether our taxes will go up or not. CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON THIS? It is not on the bond web site and I haven't gotten a straight answer from the board or district. Can someone else help dig on this to find answers?

eudorqian 7 years ago

How can one obtain a BIG VOTE NO sign for their yard?

EudoraBoss 7 years ago

It has been 46 acres from day one.

DCCCC 7 years ago

I just read in our paper the the new school being proposed will sit on 46 acres. I have read at the district site and heard from members in the past that it was going to purchase 26 acres.46 acres, what are they doing ? What is the right number ? If it is 46 WHO IS MAKING THAT CALL ? for christ sakes 46 acres , give me a break this is unbelievable.I dont think people understand this whole situation or how much land that is. For gods sake people if this number of 46 is right, you CAN NOT pass this bond. 26 is bad enough.

eudoraeyes 7 years ago

What are the kids on the west side of town supposed to do? I mean from 10th and Church to the west and North. These kids will probably walk to school, and we are talking about K-5th graders. Walking down 10th street to the west to get to school, along a busy road, with no sidewalks?

Granted, some people drive there kids to school, but a lot of kids do walk. With 1000 kids going to this school, how many more cars will that put on Peach Street and 10th Street every morning and afternoon? 400? 600?

Why would people living in that neighborhood, when Peach Street is already so busy, want that many more cars on their streets? Doesn't seem very safe for our smallest kids in school, does it?

The original plan when the school district purchased the LARGE piece of property to the south of town, was to build a future elementary school there. I guess that's not good enough now, so we need to build another school on another busy road? Why do we need to spend $2,000,000 on 46 more acres when we already own lots of property on the south side of town that is only being used to grow grass on. Building another building there, like originally planned, would cut down on the grounds care cost as well as it would eliminate so much grass that they are currently mowing. How many times have you seen the mowers driving around, not actually mowing or mowing so little that it is just wasting fuel.

Sooner or later, this district HAS to quit wasting so much money or the poor and the elderly are not going to be able to afford to live here anymore. Looks like some people think that it is time for them to leave. Say NO to more wasteful spending. Make them use what we already have. Make them provide sidewalks to the west school and the middle and high schools that we currently have. Are we going to wait until we get some kids hurt or killed before we get them out of harm's way?

DCCCC 7 years ago

We will have signs to pick up at The bike shop downtown 726 1/2 main st. after next monday.You will have to sign a display form to pick it up. This will allow it to meet city sign codes. . As for the 26 acres above , the district site said 26 acres a month ago. That was the last time i had looked at it, maybe it was longer than that. 46 acres, dang i cant imagine a school on that much land.We have only a limited supply of signs and would like to see them on corners as much as possible. They are double sided and very easy to install. 2 wires and you just push it in the ground. Remember to VOTE NO SCHOOL BOND and think smart growth.

dbmskr 7 years ago

Building the elementary school south of town was the original plan, but after the district asked for input from this town, many did not want the school placed there due to the traffic generated by the middle school and the high school. People don't want the added traffic there, where it is now and where it is proposed.

I remember driving around Chicago looking for an elementary school with a playground with grass for my nephew to go to school-26 acres or 126 acres-the kids still need a place to run, play, and be kids. All of the alternative proposals call for taking the playground space or doing without one by building downtown.

Building the school where it is proposed will allow those that live downtown and to the west to go down 10th, those that live on the east side to enter and exit through their neighborhood, and those that live south of K-10 the ability to hop on K-10 and come around to the Church exit and head south. Right now, everyone enters and exits going the same direction at Nottingham.

The bond also proposes adding a street between the middle school and high school, continue the street from the high school on back to connect with the neighborhood behind the middle school. There is so much more to this plan than just the new elementary. Many want people to believe the district is being greedy, this plan is designed to address many different issues that will not only benefit our town's future-our children, but also make our town appealing to those that our looking for great schools in a small town.

EudoraBoss 7 years ago

If they are going to continue the street to make it a through street, then there is no reason why they can't build the elementary school as originally planned. The traffic issues would be solved according to that plan.

Your idea of going down 10th is fine, for all of the kids that "ride" to school. Except for two problems. It STILL puts all of that traffic in the neighborhood where traffic is already heavy. And, what about the little kids that walk, do they not count? Still, another school on another busy road without sidewalks. This all equals poor planning. I guess we have to get some kid hurt, or worse, killed before we think about putting in sidewalks to keep them safe.

Build as the school board proposed originally on the same site as the high and middle school, then during the day, there is no traffic. All property surrounding the schools would be owned by the schools.

dbmskr, go ahead and believe what the school board says if you want. Many of us have heard the planning on the last two schools, then all of a sudden a few years later (not 20 years) they are all of a sudden, "not good enough". We have had enough of their lies, the board needs to stick to an original plan for a change and rebuild the trust from the people that have heard the same thing time after time after time.

For kids safety, there is only one vote. VOTE NO

EudoraBoss 7 years ago

Many, many people have questioned the sidewalks on Winchester. The answer that we have gotten is that Mayor Conner wanted to cut the cost of building the road and the city council voted to eliminate them. Mayor Conner said that they would add them in a few years. Well? Where are they?

There are kids that walk to and from the high school, they have to walk in the grass or on the edge of the road. Guess you can't see them from inside the school.

I have seen the plans for the proposed school, there are no sidewalks proposed on 10th Street.

Volunteering is not wanted by the district. They are set on buying more property instead of sticking to the plan that they proposed to us several years ago, and telling us about how great and SAFE it would be to eventually have all the schools on the same property. Now, all is different, they now need a $2,000,000 piece of property to build new. Why? They already own enough.

Spend, spend, spend. Enough is enough. VOTE NO

dbmskr 7 years ago

I have also been here for many years and my children attend these schools and have heard what the board has said. The difference is-I see the impact on education because I am a part of this system that you don't trust.

Do you truly believe extending the street would alleviate the traffic that is generated by a building that would open with 700+ students. Have you tried getting out of the middle school and high school now? Like I said, there isn't an ideal place that would make everyone in this town happy. It's not a matter of believing what the board says-it's a matter of working in this school and knowing that the inside and outside of Nottingham is a mess. Most of us that have been around awhile are just waiting for the sewer lines to give way again like it did 6 or so years ago during lunch time and forcing us to be out of school for a week and a half or possibly longer.

The board is not saying that the last two schools aren't good enough-they are saying that we have an immediate need with Nottingham, to correct this need and plan for growth this is their proposal. After meeting these needs, then they plan to add on to the others because the larger class sizes will be entering those schools and there will be immediate needs at those schools once they get there. The past bonds only addressed the needs at the upper levels, the growth in our town is occurring right now with our younger students.

There has been a lot of post about the district building schools where there are no sidewalks. Where are you referring? I know the older neighborhoods do not have sidewalks, but there are sidewalks to West, sidewalks on Church and east near Nottingham, and sidewalks from Meadowlark to the high school. Where else should sidewalks be?

It sounds like there are plenty of people that will be willing to address the traffic issues and the safety of our students when the new school opens. I'm sure if you have ideas, the board and administration will be happy to consider them.

EudoraBoss 7 years ago

I believe that a through street will alleviate the traffic problems because that is what the "school board" told us when they proposed buying and building on that property. If you are saying that it wont, then I guess YOU don't believe the same people you are supporting.

I stand corrected, the "first" new high school wasn't good enough, not both.

Yes there are sidewalks around and to Nottingham, this school is the only one where the kids can walk without being in the street.

Where are the sidewalks on Winchester Road? I guess the children in Hunters Ridge aren't supposed to count. Where are the Church Street sidewalks? I guess only the rich kids in Meadowlark are supposed to go to the high school and middle school. The sidewalk from Shadow Ridge dead ends into a ditch on the school property, and the one from the main part of town is invisible, guess those kids don't count. Where are the sidewalks along 10th Street to the proposed new school site? Guess the kids on the east side of town and north of 10th don't exist. Guess the kids from the trailer park aren't good enough to build sidewalks for.

These issues should have been IN the planning, not after the fact. When some child gets hurt going to the high school area or the area for the new proposed school, then maybe those kids will be important enough for sidewalks. But guess what, those wont have been budgeted for, hence more money.

Enough is enough. Poor planning and foolish spending costs us money. We don't have any more. VOTE NO

dbmskr 7 years ago

The first new high school wasn't big enough to house the high school and 7th and 8th grade due to the issues we were addressing at that time with the old middle school. The plan to build the new high school allowed us to build a gym large enough for the crowds, add on a shop area, technology, etc. The new high school allowed for the shifting of 3rd and 6th grade to help buy a few more years at the lower levels. We have since added classroom space in the libraries and modulars to continue to buy time until the bond went off the books.

I suppose we could ask the city to raise taxes to build sidewalks on every block in this town. There are sidewalks on Church near Nottingham. There are sidewalks on the street leading into West, you can not expect the district to add sidewalks on every single street in this town. I have seen the kids coming to the middle school and have watched my own kids take that route-I have not seen them be in danger walking from the school, down the sidewalk next to the school and the parking lot on the south, cross over to the sidewalk into Shadow Ridge. Kids should not be crossing the highway. The district offers a shuttle from Nottingham.

Did you volunteer your time when the district asked for input? It sounds like you should have since you are questioning a key issue. Why is your concern coming now about sidewalks to every school in this town? Have you tried addressing this with the district and the city?

Do you know for a fact that there is not a plan for sidewalks around the new school?

dbmskr 7 years ago

So is your issue with Winchester Road with the city or the district?

I still don't see a valid reason for why students are choosing to walk to the high school along Church street. The district has a plan for them, they choose to not use the transportation provided. Who's responsible? My children know their choices to getting to school and they know that crossing the highway is not an option. It sounds like a parental concern.

It seems like your vote is set. Perhaps if it doesn't pass, then you will feel moved to be more involved in planning the next proposal.

MoneyWatch 7 years ago

Hate to say it , but the real issues as stated by many are Why a new school and not add on.Why on 46 acres? Why on 10th st where traffic will be terrible ? Why did the board wait until Oct 2007 to ask for help door to door ? You can not tell me or any of us on this forum that this bond is good for us the people or our kids. It is a totaly worthless proposal.Even some of the teachers feel it is a mess and will do more harm than good. I think the plan to vote it down and form a real group of city leaders and regular people to assure it is done with all aspects of it thought through in detail is the best. As DCCCC said, even those who love this plan could still change it.Those for it now see bad ideas with this bond issue. Saftey and money both. VOTE NO and get it done right next time with enough notice to EVERYONE to help. VOTE NO SCHOOL BOND !!!!!!!! We all agree we need more space and to be a safe plan. We all want our teachers to be compinsated more. We all want to do it right , unlike the last 3 schools we built. We all want to draw in more people to grow our town. We all want to keep our best dam- schools in the state status. The plan in this bond will screw up everything. Simple deal. VOTE NO and get involved.

EudoraBoss 7 years ago

Some students don't have a "choice". Some have to be there early or late. The activity bus only runs at a certain time, if you miss it, that's too bad.

Who's responsible? The school district should be. They told us that they would have "all" of the schools on the "same" piece of property eventually, because "safety" was one of the issues. Well safety is no longer the issue with this school board, only purchasing unneeded HUGE pieces of property at enormous costs to us, and building new fancy buildings. That piece of property that is proposed would cost us over $43,000 per acre, by the way. That is more than a dollar per square foot. WOW!!!!! Talk about responsible spending.

You keep saying that there is not enough room at Nottingham to build on. I'm sure glad you don't do commercial planning, there is a LOT of room to the north of the existing structure, all the way to 14th Street. You said that there is not enough room downtown. There is still a HUGE building on that property now, with a really big playground still in tact. I'm not saying to use that building, but the existing structure proves that there is enough room for both.

Stop wasteful spending and the lying to the public about future plans. Make the school board stick to their original plan for once. VOTE NO.

eudoraeyes 7 years ago

MoneyWatch, I agree, it doesn't seem that anyone is saying that they don't need the room, just not this plan. I'd bet some other farmers would sell 46 acres on the south side of town for $43,000 per acre. WOW, that's expensive. What about the sewer lines on the east side of town, I know they just put a new one in over there, but was it sized to accomodate a school? Looks like more foolish spending to me, just like in the past.

greenman 7 years ago

$43,000 an acre is expensive? I thought that was "prime" commercial real estate. "Prime" commercial real estate is usually priced by the square foot. Even if you look at it from a residential real estate point of view; a very inexpensive lot to build on runs at least $30,000. Three lots per acre. You do the math. The price for the land was fair, and probably a bargain. I'm sure there would be farmers who would sell their land for that. But that has nothing to do with the question at hand.

MoneyWatch 7 years ago

I do have to say the price of the land is not bad.It is not great in this slow economy , but not a total rip off. A bit steep for this city and the location without any other retail development in place yet, or utilities .lots selling for 30K have water, elect, sewer, gas , phone , cable and roads allreay. But what does anyone need 46 acres for ? The whole point is a new school is not needed, more space by adding on is. I have to ask greenman a question. greenman do you buy just anything when you buy or do you check price and quality first ? You say you own a business , do you care to say what business ? I would hope you have concern that the board is being smart on both purchases and planning. I hope you also want what is good for the city as a whole, not just a small group. I know you , myself , dcccc and dbmsk dont see eye to eye at all on most of this isuue.We do however share some things in common you may not know. We all have stake in this town, we all want whats good (ihope) and we all know that this bond will not pass.This issue is larger than any of us can say or explain. We all know the older folks vote more than younger mom and dads do, so they will vote this down.Our group including me numbers 80 or more and we are all registered voters and vote every election, no matter how small or big. We have many friends who look to us for an answer to a direction to vote. We only let them know what we know about the issues and dont ask anyone to vote only on our info, we want them to learn more before they decide. Some have joined this forum, some are now going to board meetings and even asking teachers. teachers , not all but quite a few are not for this bond , nor feel this is what is best for the kids first and the city second. Your vote does count and all i ask anyone is to concider the big picture when you vote. Kids first, cost and saftey are right up there as well.

SteveParker 7 years ago

Shouldn't some of you be working? You post at all times of the day, especially the teachers.

dbmskr 7 years ago

I'm sorry MoneyWatch, we do disagree on another point-I do think this bond will pass and I do believe this is what is best for this town. My life, my love, and my family pass through the doors of Nottingham everyday, and my heart is in the future of these kids. I do believe this is a sound plan with far more attention to detail than we have put into any other plan. I do not forsee a doom's day picture as you paint for the elderly and the poor-I see the future of our children-the biggest population in this town-as being enormously enriched by the opportunities this bond will create. I want my children and those I teach to be technologically enriched and prepared for their future careers, I want them to have the opportunity of college courses here in Eudora without having to drive to Kansas City to get ahead and I want to see that every child is in a school that they can be proud of inside a building where every teacher-EVERY teacher-has a classroom, appropriate technology, and space to instruct EVERY child at their instructional level from the low end to the high end.

So I agree-kids first, the cost is right and it does look into their safety, as well! Now is the time-the state aid may not be there the second go around-I think it would be hard to turn down $17 million in aid. Call the number and find out the truth and then, think about the future of our children.

I ran across this article by the then (1998)U.S. Secretary of Education. He makes some very poignant statements about the value of an education and investing in our children's futures.

http://www.ed.gov/pubs/bbecho98/part2.html

mattg 7 years ago

I totally agree with you dbmskr. As far as safety goes, almost anywhere (even peach st.) will be safer than where Nottingham is now. And our kids deserve a decent classroom, a bathroom with more than one functioning toilet, and the attention they need.

I also disagree with all these doomsday remarks about this causing taxes to skyrocket. As Eudora continues to grow, the tax burden continues to stretch out across more people. If the schoolboard truly succeeds at selling nottingham for commercial property, that will only help taxes go down in the town, as more will be able to be drawn from sales/business tax. Having the state pay 38% of the bill is outstanding news for our community, and in my view will greatly help everyone in the long run. And the mill will not increase. Property values/taxes will increase with or without the bond.

dbmskr 7 years ago

Mr. Parker- Today is Saturday and last I checked, the teachers were off on Saturday. Thanks for reading though! Enjoy your weekend-it's beautiful outside!

greenman 7 years ago

DCCCCetc., I do care about what is best for the community and I care about what the board and administration are doing. That's why I accepted the open invitation a couple of years ago, got involved, and participated in the development of this plan, as did many other people. A plan has been developed and now it will be put to a vote. I guess I don't understand how you can be critical of a plan when you had the opportunity to be involved in it's development. No one involved got everything they wanted in the plan or what they didn't want out of it - it's called compromise. As I've said many times on this forum, to be negative about the bond issue simply because it doesn't meet your needs as an individual or it doesn't contain your ideas is juvenile at best, and harmful to the community as a whole at worst. Do you honestly think that the people of this community are going to listen to someone who only criticizes and doesn't offer any SUBSTANIATED ideas of how to fix the problems at hand. All I've seen from you and the opponents of the issue is little more than conversation you might here at coffee in the morning; interesting to listen to, but certainly nothing you would want to stake the future of a community on.

DCCCC 7 years ago

greenman, This bond wont make or break me, but some it will. I and our group are thinking of our people who have given there all to this town and made it a great city.It is to say the least a very very poor plan. Input was given by many of our members and the board settled for what they wanted, not needed. It is total BS to build a new school.By far the bigest waste of our tax dollars i can EVER think of.The pool done the way it ended up being done was a screwed up plan as well, we ended up with a dinky pool with a slide that the kids ALL say is crap and will end up costing us all big dollars to operate.I got to talk to lots of new folks today about the school bond and nobody, i mean nobody is going to vote for it. They dont think a new school is close to being needed. With our teacher to student ratios being at 13 and 15 to one, a new school, gees what a total watse of our money.Keep your blinders on and look for fame someplace else , it aint happening with a school bond.You my friend have not a clue as to what it will take to run or pay for this bond.Missleading and semi true information on what this bond will do is all we get from the board and people who are lemmings and follow a pack of ideas that are so far outside of what is needed and true. I hate to say this, but if a teacher votes for this bond, i kinda think he or she is copping out on getting what we need, more space and an affordable system.This would educate our kids and get the space needed for growth down the road. A new school, no frikin way it is needed. Ask even the past board members, they will tell you from what they did wrong, it is a bad deal and very wasteful at this time.Add on and get the needed space. Remember your NO VOTE COUNTS.

EudoraTeacher 7 years ago

DCCCC, thanks for your humorous response. Please tell me which classroooms, especially the ones at Nottingham where we are seeing the biggest need, that you have set in on and counted only 15 or better yet, 13 students. I do not see any teachers on here telling you how to run your motorcycle shop, but you feel the need to tell us how we should organize our school system, especially when you have stated that you do not even have children. I had to laugh last weekend when a former board member-I won't mention his name, left his propaganda on our door. This comparison of Eudora to Lawrence was funny, especially when he sat on the board and didn't want the negotiating teams for the teachers over the years comparing our salaries to other districts that didn't compare in size to Eudora. People leave boards for various reasons and so I'm sure you will have past members that left on unhappy terms. We also have many past board members that rarely walked through the doors of Nottingham.

We are not mislead and the information that is coming from the board has been backed by facts. I will not think twice about voting yes on November 6th because this bond will give us what we are in need of-space for growth now and down the road!

dbmskr 7 years ago

DCCCC, knowing that you have been out of the classroom for quite awhile, I will let you know some links so that you can explore some of the research that backs the philosophy of smaller class sizes. One of the links takes you to the National Educators Association site and the other links you to a site that studied the affects of reducing class sizes. And just in case you still question the benefits and reasons for smaller class sizes-check out the third link to read more about the topic.

Kindergarten and preschool are our smallest teacher to student ratios, but most are at 20, with 5th grade being our highest at the elementary level averaging 22 to 23 per class.

http://www.nea.org/classsize/index.html

http://www.reduceclasssizenow.org/research.htm#new

http://www.education-world.com/a_issues/issues067.shtml

If you know of research that supports your viewpoint to fire teachers and increase class sizes, especially at Nottingham to-I believe you threw out the number of 30 students per class in an earlier post-please post it so that we can look into it.

greenman 7 years ago

I'm just trying to clarify here, DCCCCetc., for all of the people you are trying to convince in this community - if information concerning the bond or the need for the bond comes from an organization or government entity that puts their name and credibility on the line by providing said information then it is a lie or somehow self-serving to that orgnazition or entity. If the information comes from you, however, or from hearsay or from someone who heard something from someone that knows a former board member or from some poorly printed flyer with no name on it stuck in people's doors and is backed neither by fact or credibility, then it is the truth. Do I have that right? If so, there are some people who get together in Roswell, New Mexico every year that I would like you to meet.

And complaining about what people in public service have done in the past - people who at least had the courage to plan for the future and put their name to their conviction - is a really pretty easy, isn't it? It's done everyday, especially by those living in the past. I'm glad we have people in this community who are looking to the future and willing to put their name to a plan to make Eudora a better place to live.

A no vote will cost more NOW and LATER.

DCCCC 7 years ago

((Part 1 of 2 )) Quote from The Eudora School Website.(Nottingham"Students & staff 390 students 15:1 student/teacher ratio "History of the building Nottingham was built in 1965. It has transitioned several times to meet the growing needs of the district, with additions in 1974 and 1996.) (West elementry quotes from school website "Students & staff 302 students 15:1 student/teacher ratio. History of the building West Elementary was built in 1994. It has transitioned several times to meet the growing needs of the district, with classroom reconfigurations and an addition in 1998...... ) . (Eudora middle school Students & staff 327 students 13:1 student/teacher ratio) (Eudora Highschool.Students & staff 409 students 33 certified teachers 12:1 student/teacher ratio. All this is on the School website....http://www.eudoraschools.org/vnews/display.v/ART/45213d1923570 Feel free to cut and paste it to check it out. All i really have to say to anyone on the matter anymore on this forum is this. If our teachers can not teach more than a 12 to 1 ratio or 15 to 1 ratio They all need to be replaced. If in the past it`s been ok to add on to our schools, but now all of them are too old and too far delapidated to do anything with , well we best send all the kids to a 3rd world country to get a good education in a good grass hut. Our school sytem is a sad sad set up.All our schools are old and ready to be torn down, all our teachers can not handle more than 15 students and we have so much extra money to waste, hell lets build 3 new schools and maybe a new football field and, heck money is no option lets hire another 60 teachers and cut the ratio down to 3 to 1. Your minds are set by some board that is wanting what is on there agenda and it wont be changed by the truth.All i can say is VOTE NO and VOTE SMART. Anyone new on this forum is in for a real treat with the likes of greenman who talks and slams everyone,but has not a clue what he says. I think if it were up to him, we would have no businesses but his(if he even has one) if he is even a person in this town. I am done with even attempting to talk with people on this forum, it is nothing but a place for some with no clue to spread the crap and to look as if they are doing something good. I bet not a one of you has spent even 50 cents for your cause rather it be for or against the bond or back on the pool issue. I spend my money out of my pocket to try to save our citizens money and get what is needed , not crap like this bogus school bond crap.

DCCCC 7 years ago

((( PART 2 ))) Yes this bond is a bunch of crap. If you feel it is what you want and what this town needs, then be my guest vote for it and suffer the outcome. You lemmings who feel that some are out spreading gossip and that all the users are one person, boy you really need to get a life.Some need to get up off there lazy ----- and look around at what is really going on and do something good for the city and not just bitc- on here. As for who put out the flyers door to door, well, thank you and stop in the shop sometime, i would like to shake your hand.The people on this forum dont have the ----- to get out and work for a cause.Information is important and the information being supplied FOR the bond is , well garbage.The information AGAINST the bond is priceless and true. Keep up the good work. I am done on this forum on this issue. I will get busy door to door and get the signs out starting tuesday.Our group is large and will stop this CRAP SCHOOL BOND .one last gig. greenmn i hear that they are needing a new 46 acre school down in south america to house the 23 students and have asked if you can come lead the group of 1 to gitterdone...(dbmskr , if you listen to greenman your going the wrong way) Please dont take his post to heart.Remember a NO VOTE is a SMART VOTE.

EudoraBoss 7 years ago

Well you are right about one thing for sure. I haven't spent 50 cents fighting this bond or the other issue on the ballot. Although I will be voting no on both issues, I don't need to spend any money fighting them when we have the power of the internet and word of mouth, which are both free. I have yet to find the person that is voting FOR this bond around town and I visit with people in town everyday. Sure isn't anyone voting for it that goes to the coffee shop in the mornings. Besides, I couldn't spend 50 cents because I'm broke. No more foolish spending, talk to the farmers that own the ground around the existing schools if you need more room. I'm sure they would take less than $43,000 per acre for their land.

Enough is enough. VOTE NO.

greenman 7 years ago

Sorry if I offended you DCCCetc., but in the words of the great president from Missouri, Harry S. Truman, "I never did give anybody hell, I just told them the truth and they thought it was hell". He also said something about heat and a kitchen, but I digress. And I'm also sorry that people interested in the truth and who are for this bond issue started using this forum. You sound kind of like the little kid who's mad because people won't play by his rules so he's going to take his ball and go home. Please don't, it will be less fun for the rest of us. We need you, man!

dbmskr 7 years ago

Wow-being presented with research based information on reducing class size sparked all of that?

Student-teacher ratio shows the number of students per full-time equivalent (FTE) teacher. A low student-teacher ratio is not the same as a small class size. Some schools have teachers who teach specialized subjects with smaller classes. Other schools hire extra teachers to free up class preparation time for their core teaching staff. Both of these possibilities lower the overall student-teacher ratio but not the average class size. Which means student teacher ratio is figured by adding all of the teachers: PE, music, computers, reading, special ed, etc. and dividing the total number of students in the school by the total number of teachers in the entire building.(from greatschools.net)

I'm sorry DCCCC-I joined this site after hearing from others in school that you were putting out misinformation and talking about how we have not taught math because you have hired a couple kids along the way and they couldn't figure it out. It was about the time that you were going on and on about class sizes and I even remember you throwing out the term parasite and now lemmings to address all of us. You were set against this school from the beginning and I think if there were 50 students in each classroom you would still think that is too low. From your post, you don't believe we are doing a good job teaching our students, we are lazy, and we are not intelligent enough to think for ourselves. Well, you are wrong! We care for the students of this town-we are asking for one new building, not three like you stated earlier, and we are asking for money to put towards our students futures. We have differing stances-you are highly concerned about this bond and what it does to your business and your customers and I understood since you do not have children, on the other hand, I am concerned about the future of my own children and the hundreds that have passed through my classroom door, the hundreds more that will, and all of the students in Eudora. Therefore, your position is not wrong-just viewed differently than many who have joined this forum because of what you are posting.

thiisiknow 7 years ago

You cannot take comments ,that are made on this blog ,serious. The blogs are seriously written but not so serious to offend anyone. Frustration sets in when something is posted and another wants to ram rod right through it and start calling the poster names and questioning the validity of info. This blog and others like it mainly is to vent. Some residents are tried and true EUDORIANS who have been throgh the growth spasms the town has experienced in the past. As you can tell some feel lied to and betrayed. No one means to downgrade teachers or business owners. We love Eudora teachers but we feel you think you do not matter because we might be voting no. A no vote is not against teachers or kids--it is about our own survival and how helpless we are feeling because the economy really sucks right now. The business owners of Eudora have their own headaches to deal with. Stunted growth means stunted income. But also understand that growth will come at a price. With growth , in come the big guns, the guns that service the towns people and fund their corporations miles away.The big guns get the tax breaks and towns people get the tax bill. Alot more is going on here than the school vote.

greenman 7 years ago

Thanks, thiisiknow. It's not that anyone took DCCCetc. seriously, it was more the outright lies and misinformation he/she (they've never expressed a preference) that they've spread. This is too serious of an issue to have someone who benefits from a low tax base to be making things up (some would call it lying) in order to forward their cause (again, his words, a business that pulls 93% of it's business from outside the community). You are right, this issue is about a lot of things. Forward or backward. Up or down. A no vote will cost more than a yes vote - now and in the future.

greenman 7 years ago

"Say we spend 25 million and double our capacity, will that work for you ?" - from DCCCetc., posted October 15th.

With this bond issue "we" are only spending between 28 and 29 million (the state is kicking the rest). We are that close to agreeing, within 10% of the total bond issue! Surely you don't want to sink the whole thing for that, do you?

Here's a thought: Get the thing passed, then use your vast constituency to vote one of you onto the school board, and then you can decide all of the details for the money being spent!

I mean, come on, if we defeat this thing over a 10% difference of opinion and then we run it again and it passes in a year - the cost of EVERYTHING will have gone up along with repairing what we have in the mean time - we'll be lucky to break even or we might even cost the citizens of Eudora MORE money! DCCC, I know you don't want to cost everyone in this community MORE MONEY, do you?

The responsible thing to do is to get this thing passed now.

A no vote will cost more now and later.

I'm glad we are so close to agreement on this issue.

teddy 7 years ago

DCCC - Do you have any concrete info on the state paying 38%? I can't find out any info.

formerfarmer 7 years ago

Teddy Why ask DCCC. If you don't believe the school district web site, call the state department of education. They will confirm those numbers for you

teddy 7 years ago

I did call the state today and they are looking the information up for me. I've asked a couple people on all sides of the issue. I just thought DCCC might know the answer. If you look at the district web site, it does say that it's being paid for but does not list the program and any details. I guess I'd like to have peace of mind knowing that the 38% will really be paid for and not just believe everything I hear. Oh, by the way - I'm voting for the bond so you don't have to start badgering me for asking questions. And yes I have attended meetings and spoken with Marty.

Proud2bEudoraMom 7 years ago

I am really not amazed at DCCC's lack of concern for the future of Eudora, the future of our schools, and the future of our children. In previous post he has threatened to move his business to Bonner Springs so that his taxes can go to much need improvements, ie. unleased amphitheatre, overpriced shopping area, slightly used racetrack and a water park that will be used 4 months out of the year.

He has bashed Eudora politics and has threatened to run for council. Yet he has never been to one of the bus tours, bond forums, or even in the school. It is so much easier to complain about things you don't know about.

Well with his little "adult" section in his shop, he is really helping our community and children. I applaud his contribution to this community, we all could use a little more "adult" entertainment in our world. Go visit his shop with your little child and try to explain what they are pointing at.

eudoraeyes 7 years ago

With the addition of the race track, the Legends, all the restaurants, the T-Bones stadium, and now the new waterpark, Wyandotte County has actually REDUCED taxes for 3 consecutive years. They must be doing something right.

greenman 7 years ago

A no vote will cost more now and in the future.

minnie3 7 years ago

I'm still on the fence. I think that the plan is a bit too extravagant, and I don't care for the location of the proposed new school. I volunteer at my daughter's school, and the class that I volunteer in is in a modular. It is really not that bad. Internet, phone, comfortable temperature, quiet. The kids don't even seem to notice, or care that they are not in a traditional classroom. But on the other hand, I strongly support our teachers and school staff. They, and the kids are really all that matter in this issue. The money is secondary.

dad3kids 7 years ago

I am voting no and i have kids in the system. I feel it is way too much and can be done cheaper for all of us who are on an income less than those out south in the $250,000,00 homes. Yes i agree we need more classrooms, but a new school, new football field NOPE we dont need em. Reading past comments, looks to me like most are voting no as well. Most who are posting do not seem to know much. I see about 4 people on here who have a clue as to how things work and many who are living a dream.As for the state paying 38% , that is to be seen. As i read in another persons post it is time for the state to cut the money off to several things and this might be one. I can say this, after 56 years of paying tax on my homes and seeing change in schools, i see no way our tax rate will stay the same.I say be a fool if you like and vote yes , or think about it and vote no and get involved with the issue and solve the space problem and keep our town affordable.I just have to add some more things. I see business owners on here and that is good,they know the people and how things are going.I see the bike shop owner and a couple who are too scared to say what they run. If i owned a business i would fight this and most surely get involved.Homework on the issues that will effect a business is a smart business person.All of our business owners should speak up.Again, most speak from gossip i think, but a few have done there homework.Some just want to argue with others and , well that is just acting like a child.My 14 year old is smarter and acts better than most on here, and thinks the school bond idea is stupid.I am sure that greenman and dbmskr and one other one i cant think of now will jump all over me and call me somebody else and say i am full of shi- but they really dont seem to know much or a fact even.Sorry if i butted in on some gossip and the mudslinging, but i felt i had to try this forum thing out.I might or might not be back. Looks like some know and most dont have a clue,they just pretend by insulting those who do know. I am off to watch TV with my youngens.Chow """""""" _ """"""""

thiisiknow 7 years ago

dad3kids--- each household can only stretch their money so far. I am right there with ya! Plain simple logic at this time is the only way to go.

MoneyWatch 7 years ago

Wow lots of new stuff going on, cool beans. Minnie3 you are right , too much at this time. Add on and get the room nedded, plain and sinple. Dad3kids, you are right on some things, most speak of gossip and what the board says , but wont do. We been there done that many many times now.Greenman, well, i just ignore anything you post anymore, not worth debating.The 38% deal, who knows at this time if it will go.There is no prommise from the state as of yet, just a big, well, maybe.I was sorry to see my friend dc bow out of this, but i cant blame him, he tells it like it is, no BS like some.The truth hurts sometimes.Anyone wanting a sign can stop in his shop and get one for a no vote.Proud2beudoramom, information only on the adault stuff, they took it out along time ago. Sold alot from what i noticed, so i dont think it was a bad idea to sell it.Board games, bath oils and some gag gifts, dang thats bad stuff, LOL... Well, just keep in mind a NO VOTE will get the bond stoped and allow for the smart growth folks to get a plan with the board to fit the needs, not a group of need it all folks. VOTE NO and be smart.

greenman 7 years ago

I've seen enough. The group against this bond issue has one advantage over the folks who are trying to forward the cause: they tell outright lies and are not held accountable for telling the lies. No accountability, just lies, pulled out of the air, to support their arguments. Prove to this forum that the 38% is a "big, well maybe". Who did you talk to? Can I have their number? A website?
Your credibility is at stake. I'm sure it will be like the $18,000,000 plan DCCCetc. had that he couldn't back up, or the $25,000,000 he would be happy with - never heard back from him on that. Stop making things up and back up your arguments with facts.
No credibility, just lies. If it weren't such a serious issue, you would be nothing more than a joke. But this is about our town's future and I think people might be better served if they didn't get their information from an adult merchandise distributor.

I'm waiting...

EudoraBoss 7 years ago

MoneyWatch, I agree with you, greenman isn't worth even responding to anymore. For the rest of us, we've heard all of the promises before, "Buy us this huge piece of property and we can eventually build an elementary there, then ALL the schools will be on one property and all the kids will be safe." What happened to that plan? Why do we need another enormous piece of property? Make them stick to a plan for a change. Where are they going to get the money to staff another building? Where is the added expense to maintain another 46 acres going to come from? Has anyone figured the cost of adding two lanes to the existing track and building locker rooms there? Surely it wouldn't cost the $2,250,000 they are proposing for a new stadium.

Enough is enough. Stop the foolish spending. Live with what we can afford, not what you wish for. VOTE NO.

princess81 7 years ago

Boss, I am so tired of seeing your rants and raves on this forum. Have you bothered to go to a meeting where the bond issue is explained in some detail? My guess is no. And where were you when suggestions were being asked for as to what people would like to have happen to the schools? Probably where you are now, sitting and whining about a bond that you obviously don't know enough about. You have some suggestions but have you mentioned them to anyone? Are you going to the meeting on November 1st to voice your displeasure? Probably not, apparently your time is to valuable.

greenman 7 years ago

Not responding has seemed to work for you so far. Each time I catch one of you in a lie or ask for some proof for the crap you throw out on here you don't respond.
Lies and misinformation, even if you say or write them over and over and over again, are still lies and misinformation. Call me whatever you want, those comments generally say much more about you than they do about me anyway. I promise you I will be here to point out that you cannot back up your positions with fact.

MoneyWatch 7 years ago

We have all been down tis road before and the board only tells us what they want to let out. Our tax`s will go up. The new school on 46 acres, whooo wheeee nice little lot. The old plan to keep all the schools in a certain area got tossed away and the new plan is to spend spend spend. VOTE NO and VOTE smart.. Anyone can figure up the money it will cost. If you look back at numbers posted on the cost and what it will do to your yearly exspences, you can see it real easy if you can add and subtract and a liitle multipelcation of percentages. The numbers are posted for those who missed them. The math is really simple , for most.

EudoraBoss 7 years ago

Little princess, most of your questions were just addressed by MoneyWatch, but I will address a few of them AGAIN. Bothered to go to a meeting? Yes, I have went to them even when Mr. Hill was our superintendent. If you don't know who that is, maybe you should do the research and find out how long ago that was. It makes no difference how many meetings you go to, you will not change the boards mind because they have it set until we turn down their bond, just as in the past. Where was I when suggestions were being asked? At the meetings asking them, they have never addressed why they can't build all on one property as they told us many years ago they could. Why? Because until we tell them NO on this bond, they don't have to address that issue, they can just spend, spend, spend. No one is stopping them. Will I go to the meeting on November 1st? Probably not, no need for me to go, I think their plan is foolish, we already have enough property, we don't need to buy 46 more acres and build another elaborate school. We simply can't afford it. Along those same lines, I have asked in upwards of 100 people since last Thursday if they were going. There answer was all the same, NO, we no we're not voting for it anyway. Again, I have yet to find one person in town that I have talked to that is voting for this bond. Everyone that I have talked to believe like the majority of us that have been here for many, many years. That this is no different than it has ever been with the school board, full of misleading propaganda until they get what they want. Then it's, well we need to raise the mill levy to pay for this and this and this.

Enough is enough. STOP the foolish spending and lets get back to an affordable community that we can actually afford to live in. You think that most of us are against a new school. That is not the case in general. We are just against THIS one. Show us a plan that goes along with the plan they pushed on us years ago and they will probably get their new school. But don't try to pull the wool over our eyes again, some of us know better.

VOTE NO.

dbmskr 7 years ago

I have never stooped to calling anyone names on this forum, nor have I posted anything that is not a fact. I have always commented on the need to reduce the crowding that is going on at Nottingham and I believe from the research, yes, research that I have taken my own time to do by contacting the state to hear about the 38% along with attending meetings, and yes, working in the schools. I have also responded to post from citizens that are spreading misinformation and expressing how they believe the teachers are lazy and only want a new school so that we can have small classes. I believe the reasoning behind class sizes needed to be provided for those that do not understand that concept or take the time to volunteer in the building to see why there is a need.

The bottom line is the teachers who teach the kids see a need and endorsed the bond proposal-the building will be staffed with the existing staff. It could be built by the middle school and high school like we had hoped to do, but then we would have many south of town upset about another school there, traffic issues, on and on and on. We relooked at the plan and revised it because of the traffic and the surveys done by the district. I can't tell you how to vote, but can't just set by and let some try to speak to the best practices of education and negatively about the teachers.

greenman 7 years ago

A quote from the leader of the group who wants to fix our school system: "Anyone can figure up the money it will cost. If you look back at numbers posted on the cost and what it will do to your yearly exspences, you can see it real easy if you can add and subtract and a liitle multipelcation of percentages. "

Oh, and I'm sorry, DCCCCetc., I'm still waiting for an answer to the challenge provided above.
Guess you would rather hide behind lies than admit you are wrong in the open. And I thought you really wanted to debate the issue...

MoneyWatch 7 years ago

Proud2bEudoraMom Just a note. WYCO Wyandotte County has just about removed the need for property tax all together with those so called bad seed things you speak of.They must be doing something right.I call that smart government, very very smart.You shop with us from time to time, we appreciate that, Thank you. .So greenman, you calling me a liar ? I still love ya man. xoxoxoxoxoxo

greenman 7 years ago

Moneywatch, I wish all of you the best of luck with your campaign. With your superior intellect, I'm really thinking the Yes folks don't really have a chance. You guys have such a handle on the issues and a collective finger on the pulse of this community, I feel as if I am wasting your time with my uninformed posts. I'm looking forward to learning more from you as you continue to educate our citizenry.

MoneyWatch 6 years, 12 months ago

greenman , all i can ask for is that people think about the options out there and not pass this bond. You and all the others can help get a plan that is right and affordable for us all.You have valuble input like everyone does.You may not know it, but you are a friend of mine and all ideas are good , we just have to pick the ones out that fit the plan in a whole. Just one idea to buy 10 acres and not 46 saves over 1 million dollars.Do this plan right over a 3 to 5 year plan and save many more millions.End result, more classroom space and maybe even get a good raise for the awesome teachers we have. I ask eveyone to think about it before casting a vote on the 6th.

proudcitizen 6 years, 12 months ago

MoneyWatch, as greenman has diplomatically pointed out many times, your information is void of facts. I understand and respect your need to "inform" however, you totally lose credibility when so many of your arguments are based on falsehoods or just irrelevant because your point, is in the past. Can you address.... 1)The present bond is planned in phases, but speaks to the urgency of the present situation. A 3 to 5 year plan...implemented in a year or two, (however long it takes you to come up with one and fail at a bond issue or two)would not only be MUCH more costly but would serve only as a bandaid to a (by then)severed limb. We are in trouble NOW. 2) Where were you and your solutions when the district was repeatedly asking the community for their input? 3) How do you connect a bond issue with teacher's salarys? The two have nothing to do with each other, as the teachers have said by supporting this bond. THE TEACHERS...who do you think understands this better? 4) Why are you suggesting buying 10 acres, which would not accommodate the need, when the property has already been purchased? And as I recall,it took weeks to purchase it...plenty of time for you to convince the board that 10 acres would work. But then, I guess people would have to park somewhere else, and there couldn't be any ball fields, etc. I'm sorry, I'm being sarcastic, but so many times you post things that just don't have relevance nor fact. It gets frustrating. I'd just like to see proof to some of your claims, ...or real, not speculated, numbers for your plans.

eudoraeyes 6 years, 12 months ago

I don't understand why this school district likes destroying history. The great old high school that we had downtown got torn down, because they said it was unsafe. Yet when they tore it down, there were skid loaders running all over the place on all three floors. Now they want to buy a piece of property and tear down a great historic home. They are getting into the practice of building buildings, then when they don't like them, just abandon them and let them rot. The building downtown and Nottingham could both be refurbished for far less than $27 million that they are proposing for this new school. So many other school districts take what they have and remodel and preserve the history. Kansas City has a lot of old, old schools that they have refurbished and are great facilities. Even Lawrence remodeled there old high school on Louisiana Street and made it much bigger, now they are rebuilding South Jr High and Broken Arrow, they realize that they don't need more property, they fix what they have. Why is our district so unhappy with the buildings that we have given them in the past, that they have to abandon them or tear them down just because they want something new? What does this teach our children? When you get tired of something, just walk away from it and someone will pay for something new for you? Just doesn't seem right to me. Let's live with what we have for a change and preserve and take care of our history. Just a thought, though I'm sure some of the bond supporters will come up with some reason that we don't need history. Sorry, I disagree.

MoneyWatch 6 years, 12 months ago

Proudcitizen )You didnt read word for word iether. I hope after this bond fails the teachers can then get a descent wage.As for the land, an option is on it, but it is not paid for. If it is paid for that is a very unlawful deal. The 3 to 5 year plan i talk about is to do things one step at a time and get it right. The bond that is about to be voted down is an all at once deal, unless something is differant than whats been posted on the dist site. One election, one bond is this not corect ? All this is mute , the bond will not pass as i see it happening. We just need to get more people involved in all public meetings with the next bond issue . A NO VOTE will be a SMART VOTE Nov 6th.

Thankyou 6 years, 11 months ago

Could you please tell me why 46 acres is needed? Will the new school be that massive or will it simply be there to use as possible add ons in the future if needed? Thanks!

dbmskr 6 years, 11 months ago

Hi, Thankyou- The new school does leave room in the plan for a 10 classroom addition to be added on years down the road if needed. With a school that big, there are several parking lots, playground areas, a ball field, etc. planned along with a separate bus lane for buses only and several entrances and exits from the site. There is also an area for future development set between Cecil Mondays and the planned school. The building itself will have a large media center, two computer labs, a double sized gym, a large cafeteria, two music rooms, along with 5 grade levels pods that will house the classrooms, special ed rooms, restrooms, etc.

EudoraBoss 6 years, 11 months ago

Actually, they are going to start having a farming class, after they purchase a few hundred more acres, we are going to be asked to pass a bond so that they can purchase new tractors and combines, will need $20 million dollars for farming supplies and implements.

DOUGHBOY 6 years, 11 months ago

You do have a sense of humor. I was hoping the district planned on building a science lab so the kids could discover a way to purify our water and solve that issue, but I like the agriculture take on it. Maybe they could do both solve our water problems and grow their own food for lunch-great life skills for all of us!

eudorashome 6 years, 11 months ago

I think Moneywatcher and Eudoraboss need to get back on track and remember. This is NOT for you, it is for the kids!!! They are the ones that have to take the assesment tests, NOT YOU. They are the ones who have no choice but to learn computers, NOT YOU. They are forced by our state to be SMART!! (no child left behind act) Why punish the kids by letting them sit in over crowded classrooms or mobiles? It is about the kids of eudora and their education. If we vote no we will only be hurting our kids.

vote YES on November 6th!!!!!!!!!!

eudorashome, sounds like you have other issues. My kids do just fine with the crowded classrooms. The lowest grade any of them has had is an A-. I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that they need more room, just that building an enormous new school on an enormous piece of ground is not necessary. Build on and utilize the property that we already own. Voting no will hurt noone except for the pride of those that want to spend, spend, spend. They have had an open checkbook for many years, time to curb the waste and spend on what we need, which is, more room, not more grass and more unsafe areas.

DOUGHBOY, you do have a point, maybe if they have to grow their own food, they will actually get "healthy" meals at school, rather than stuff like donuts, and nachos that are on their menus quite often.

I've spent a lot of time enjoying lunch at school with my children-been there on doughnut mornings to days when I couldn't even tell you what they were eating. I've seen more kids eating donuts, pizza, tacos, chicken nuggets, and nachos than eating what you might refer to as a healthier choice. Must be because those are the same things they are used to eating at home. I'd rather see them eating than us throwing food in the trash and the kids being hungry all afternoon. Hungry kids can't pay attention in class and learn-thank the school for taking care of the kids and making sure something is in their bellies all day. Maybe you should eat lunch with your kids and see what the kids choose to eat.

Stop being so negative and down on the schools for every decision they make or go back to school, get a degree in education, and make a change!

I do have several degrees, and education happens to be one of them. ROTFLMAO

I never said anything bad about you, my kids enjoy vegetables and good food over pizza and donuts. Sorry that yours don't.

Never said mine didn't either, but if you took a few minutes to enjoy lunch at school-you'd see hundreds of kids don't prefer vegetables or any of the other healthier choices the lunch staff has prepared-you would then understand why the food choices are they way they are. So thank the staff for making sure the menu accomodates most of the kids in school and quit nit picking at every angle.

I remember being taught and hearing it repeated in my child's classroom the other day-If you do not have anything kind to say, then don't say anything at all.

Words to live by! I better go, Chiefs are back on and my wife is preparing a lovely beef stroganoff with asperagus for our after church meal.

By the way-are you laughing because you have a degree? Not a saying I was brought up to use and one that I would not expect my children to use-just another respectfulness issue that we seem to disagree on.

eudorashome 6 years, 11 months ago

I agree, if you don not have anything kind to say, then dont say anything at all. It seems you have not spent to much time with your children at school to see what it is like these days. The lunch issue, the classroom issue. Just because your children get good grades does not mean we dont need a new school. Put your degree in education to work and get educated on the FACTS. It does not take a degree in education to understand why this is so important. Put your kids first instead of yourself.

Thankyou 6 years, 11 months ago

I have worked in the school kitchens and most of the food comes out of a box or a bag. It is full of fat and calories and they can only do what the government will let them. It sucks because these men and women want the best for the kids but can do only so much. Were there any projections on once this school is built, when the need for a following bond might be needed for more growth in the upcoming years? Build with growth already planned for without having to stress anyone out with another "bond" in the near future.

greenman 6 years, 11 months ago

Regarding school breakfast and lunches: It is the parent's obligation to feed their kids, not the school. The school provides a SERVICE to the community by providing meals for purchase for kids who don't qualify for free or reduced price meals. Parents always, always have the choice of packing a lunch. Money, you keep bringing up peripheral issues. I guess because your arguments have been beaten up so bad on the bond issue. A no vote will cost more now and later.
Moneywatch wants to WATCH your MONEY be wasted by propping up an obsolete building, taking a chance on not getting state funding in the future, taking a chance on the favorable bond rates we have now won't be there in the future, and making us consider running a bond issue later when we will get less facilities for much more money. Doesn't sound a good plan, does it?

The proposed plan moves us into the future, not backward in time.

Vote YES for the kids and the community.

"Thankyou" -Regarding "another bond", the only thing for certain is that there will be a need for another bond down the road, if the current bond does not pass then there will be another vote in about three months. If the bond does pass, well, then the timeframe for "a future" bond will depend on how quickly the student population grows.

MoneyWatch 6 years, 11 months ago

Vote this bond out a NO VOTE and then go back and do the items one at a time without a new school, but additional classroom space by refurbing and adding onto existing schools. The BIG BOX BOND SUCKS. It is asking too much at once and the new school is not needed. Additional space, yes, by adding on. That type of bond would pass with everyone.Even myself and hundreds of others would make sure it would pass if it was done right.DBoy we all know we need more space, but not an entire new school.Trash this BIG BOX BOND and then put a good plan into place. A NO VOTE NOW WILL SAVE MILLIONS now and later.

Seriously watch time is running out on your ranting. If you haven't noticed hundreds of people in this town are working to pass this bond because they have seen what Mr. Kobza has down for our town-3 schools PAID for and now a plan that will carry us many years into the future so that we are not wasting money with study after study, election after election. You are so stuck on the save money idea, but then you want to spend, spend, spend to do things your way and you are ticked with the district because your viewpoint is not in this bond. They asked, came to a consensus, and created a bond that solves immediate problems along with carries this town into the next decade or more.

If you weren't so worried about this not passing you'd be done with your senseless dooms day scenarios and leave it up to the vote tomorrow.

Let me see-how do you end your posts: A YES vote is a SMART vote on Nov. 6th!

MoneyWatch 6 years, 11 months ago

Good enough. Tuesday will tell the story. The end A NO VOTE IS A SMART VOTE

Sign in to comment