Flu shot clinics
The Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department will offer its first community flu shot clinic from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 2206 E. 23rd St., Lawrence.
Other flu shot clinics:
- 9:30 to 11 a.m. Oct. 22: Eudora City Hall, 4 East Seventh St., Eudora
- 9:30 to 11 a.m. Oct. 23: Baldwin Senior Center, 1221 Indiana St., Baldwin City
- 9:30 to 11 a.m. Oct. 24: Lecompton United Methodist Church, 402 Elmore St., Lecompton
- 2:30 to 5 p.m. Oct. 24, Holcom Recreational Center, 2700 West 27th St., Lawrence
- 9:30 to 11 a.m. Oct. 25, Douglas County Senior Center, 745 Vermont St., Lawrence
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 27, Corpus Christi Church, 6001 Bob Billings Parkway, Lawrence.
Health department officials said at this time, the clinics held in Eudora, Baldwin City and Lecompton would be the only clinics that will take place in those areas during this flu season.
Flu shots cost $23 for people 3 years and older and $18 for children up to age 3. No one will be denied the shots because of inability to pay.
Clients eligible for Medicare Part-B, HealthWave, Medicaid and Blue Cross/Blue Shield can receive the flu shot at no charge if their card is presented.
For more information, call the Lawrence-County Health Department at 843-0721.