Turnpike interchange to open at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday
Leavenworth County's first Kansas Turnpike interchange will open at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. The Tonganoxie/Eudora interchange is roughly 3 miles south of Tonganoxie.
Kansas Turnpike Authority officials plan an event signaling the opening of the interchange at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Tonganoxie Middle School, 824 Washington St.
KTA board of directors chairman Mary Turkington, as well as Leavenworth County Commission chairman John Flower will speak at the event. Refreshments will be served.
The interchange is the first of its kind in Kansas, as it will be automated and will have self-pay machines similar to those found in large retail or grocery stores.
More like this story
- KTA announces date of opening of new 1-70 interchange
- Turnpike proposal good for Eudora with qualifications
- Leavenworth County's first turnpike interchange exceeding expectations
- New turnpike interchange in Leavenworth County expected to open within next two months
- Turnpike interchange lauded after 1 year open