Archive for Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No one injured in house fire southwest of Eudora

January 13, 2009, 2:35 p.m.

Updated: January 13, 2009, 5:35 p.m.

A wood burning stove caused a fire at a house in the 1200 block of E 2100 Road, southwest of Eudora, Tuesday afternoon.

Crews from Eudora Township and as least four other departments — including Lawrence-Douglas County Fire and Medical — responded to the scene and were able to contain the damage to just one room.

Eudora Township Fire Chief Mike Baxter said no one was home when the fire started; no people were injured. Baxter said a dog that lived in the home died in the fire.

The Douglas County chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting with food and clothing for the person who lived in the house.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.