Also from June 24
- Jim and Kelly Beets, Tonganoxie, announce the birth of a son, James Lee Beets Boy, on February 26, 2009, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. His sisters, Brianna Beets, and Taylor and Jordan Knipp, welcomed him home. His grandparents are Jerry and Kim Neis, Eudora; and Terry and Sally Beets, Edwardsville. Great grandparents are Katherine Neis and Doris Schehrer, both of Eudora.
- Clint and Ashey Golay, Lawrence, announce the birth of a son, Garret Samuel Golay, on May 22, 2009, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Grandparents are Patti and David Blex and Dixie and Chris Golay.
- Pascual and Kristi Laclé, Lawrence, announce the birth of a daughter, Emery Cate Laclé, on Tuesday, May 26, 2009, at Overland Park Regional Medical Center. Emery weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce and was 18 inches long. Grandparents are Dave and Phillis Durkin, Eudora, and Marie-Pierre Laclé-Fenárt, Haarlem, The Netherlands. Emery’s great-grandmother is Sue Durkin, Eudora.
- Alisha and Troy Russelo, Eudora, announce the birth of a daughter, Alayna Crystine Rousselo, May 8, 2009 at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Grandparents are Roy and Robin Ewing, Dayton, Ohio; and Douglas and Shelly Buchanan, Eudora.
Are you following anyone on Twitter?
- Downtown losing businesses
- June 18, 2009
- It wasn’t supposed to work this way. The $1.4 million spent on improvements to Main Street between Sixth and 10th streets was supposed to lead to more foot traffic and a more attractive setting that might draw businesses to downtown Eudora. But in the months since the project has finished, Curves, Cutter’s Smokehouse and Coffee Talk have left.
- Several northeast Kansas counties under severe thunderstorm watch
- June 24, 2009
- The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch until 11 p.m. for several area counties
- Commuter Forecast for June 24, 2009
- June 24, 2009
- Watch for pavement repairs on westbound I-470 from Lawrence to Topeka and bridge construction from Lawrence to Kansas City from milepost 202 to 236. There’s a slight chance for a storm but expect mostly dry, hot conditions.