Tonganoxie man killed in accident on Kansas Turnpike
A 49-year-old Tonganoxie man was killed in an early-morning accident on the Kansas Turnpike Sunday.
Jeffrey Jacobs was driving his 2000 GMC SUV eastbound in Kansas City, Kan., near the Kansas Speedway when the vehicle entered the ditch on the south side of the road, according to a report from the Kansas Turnpike.
Jacobs over-corrected and struck the backside of the guard rail. The vehicle then flipped on its top and traveled upside down more than 200 feet. The vehicle ultimately came to rest on the driver's side door, on the right-hand shoulder.
The accident was reported about 3:45 Sunday morning and part of I-70 was shut down for several hours while Kansas Highway Patrol troopers investigated the accident.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High School student dies in Thursday rollover accident in Basehor
- Three killed in violent car accident near intersection of Leavenworth County Road 1, Kansas Highway 32
- Injury accidents gnarl traffic on three highways
- Deadly accident spurs calls to make K-10 safer
- Kansas Highway Patrol identifies Eudora woman, Missouri man as two injured in Thursday's K-10 accident, near DeSoto