Bonner Springs man, 34, dies after argument in vehicle traveling from Eudora to Kansas City
Lenexa police said a Bonner Springs man who died early Wednesday morning after he was involved in a roadside fight on Interstate 435 had been traveling in a minivan from Eudora to the Kansas City area.
Police Thursday identified Joshua N. Williams, 34, as the man who died. Master Police Officer Dan Friesen, a Lenexa police spokesman, said Williams was with three other people in the minivan, when he got into an argument — for an unknown reason — with another person in the back seat of the minivan.
The argument became physical, prompting the driver to stop in the eastbound lanes on I-435 just west of Lackman Road.
Williams and others exited the vehicle south of the highway where a fight continued, and at some point during the altercation Williams collapsed. Other occupants of the vehicle called for medical assistance at 3:47 a.m.
Medics took Williams to an area hospital where he later died. Officers questioned three people with the vehicle and released them.
“No charges have been filed pending autopsy results and further review by the Johnson County district attorney’s office,” Friesen said.
More like this story
- Deadly accident spurs calls to make K-10 safer
- Kansas Highway Patrol says drug use, inattention contributing factors in fatal April 16 accident on K-10
- Eudora man among four people hurt in west Lawrence accident
- Suspect in sexual assault of 12-year-old apprehended in barn
- Death at Arrowhead ruled homicide