Polls

Are you pleased with the results of this year’s city and school district elections?

Response Percent Votes

83% 117

12% 17
I don’t care. I’ll still have to pay taxes regardless of who wins.

4% 6
Total 140

Comments

jmills0118 5 years, 4 months ago

I am curious as to how many of the above unhappy people actually voted. If this poll is accurate and these people actually voted then the results would have been different. The voter turnout for this election was extremely poor. If you didn't vote don't complain!

bird33 5 years, 4 months ago

I, too, am not happy with the outcome of the mayor/city council elections (I did vote). I hope those in the community who are dissatisfied will attend the city council meetings, voice concerns and provide oversight. Our new mayor needs to know the community expects professionalism, not personal agendas to dictate future decisions. It's up to the community at large to participate in local government.

etownks 5 years, 4 months ago

I'm not happy either! (I voted) Tom Pyle was a class act and has done a lot for this town, it's too bad more people didn't realize this before it was too late. Our new mayor on the other hand spends his free time in the local bar! That's not the kind of mayor I want running my town! I hope people get involved and attend the city council meetings or Hopson will run our town into a hole in the ground!!!

etownks 5 years, 4 months ago

p.s. This campaign was so filled with rumors against Mr. Pyle I wanted to address a rumor I heard about our new mayor. Has anyone else heard Hopson has a restraining order against him for harassment?

bird33 5 years, 4 months ago

I have heard various rumors as well re: inappropriate behavior and can only hope it's not true...How sad for Eudora if we have elected a mayor who is unable to make rational decisions and keep his emotions in check. I think we will all find out soon enough if he is incapable of doing so. Large attendance at city council meetings will send a strong message that the community is watching.

etownks 5 years, 4 months ago

It is sad for Eudora isn't it bird33. Now our wonderful city administrator, Cheryl Beatty, has resigned because of Hopson. That says a lot about the guy that Hopson is. Cheryl has done a lot of amazing things for this town. It's too bad she is leaving.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.