David Oakes Reporter
- Eudora readies for CPA Picnic
- 08:06 p.m., July 21, 2008 Updated 08:06 p.m.
- Eudora’s CPA Picnic will celebrate its 100th year of existence when festivities kick off at 6 p.m. Thursday. with carnival rides and games across the street from CPA Park, at the corner of 9th and Main streets.
- Roundabouts proposed in traffic study
- March 20, 2008
- Roundabouts would be the best way to handle increased traffic from growth in eastern Eudora, a traffic study commissioned by the city of Eudora indicates.
- Eudora FFA hopes to increase visibility throughout community
- February 28, 2008
- As the students and a teacher or two filed in and out of Kristy Taylor’s classroom at Eudora High School on Friday, they thanked the agricultural sciences teacher for the ice cream. If they didn’t know about Eudora High’s National FFA chapter, they now had a taste of it.
- Packed house
- 05:56 p.m., February 27, 2008 Updated 06:25 p.m.
- Coffee and cords
- EudoraFest meetings begin Feb. 21
- February 14, 2008
- EudoraFest Chairperson Barbara Tuttle would love to see a parade take place as part of the EudoraFest activities, but it just doesn’t seem logistically possible. However, that doesn’t mean she and the rest of the EudoraFest Committee aren’t open to figuring out a way to make it happen.
- Nottingham teacher of year humbled by award
- February 7, 2008
At the end of January, each school in the Eudora School District named its teacher of the year. This is part two in a series of profiles on each of the four teachers.
- FFA is focus of teacher of the month
- February 7, 2008
It’s been said many times that teachers are busy people. If they aren’t grading previous assignments, they’re fine tuning lessons for the next day, week or month.
- Township fire department looking for new recruits
- 12:00 a.m., January 31, 2008 Updated 04:49 p.m.
- When Eudora Township Fire Chief Mike Baxter is called to a fire, the last thing he wants to worry about is whether or not there will be enough manpower to put out the blaze in a safe and timely manner. Unfortunately, that is the position in which he and the rest of the Township Fire Department find themselves.
- Fate of USD 491 properties in question
- 12:00 a.m., January 17, 2008 Updated 10:53 a.m.
- The Eudora USD 491 Board of Education discussed on Thursday what the fate of properties such as Nottingham Elementary School, the Community Learning Center and Laws Field might be.
- Community Center battling staffing, exposure issues
- January 10, 2008
- After opening in early November, the $3.8 million Eudora Community Center is experiencing growing pains.