Stephen Montemayor Community Sports Editor
Stephen Montemayor is community sports editor for The World Company's weekly newspapers and websites in Northeast Kansas. Stephen previously worked as a reporter and photographer for The Shawnee Dispatch. Prior to joining the company, Stephen served as editor-in-chief, sports editor and a reporter during five semesters with The University Daily Kansan at Kansas University. You can follow Stephen on Twitter at @smontemayor.
- All-Star Game sparks stories of baseball’s past
- July 3, 2012
- A morning in mid-June, and it may as well be evening in April, or dusk in Colorado at the end of May or, for that matter, later that same June day in Emporia, a two-hour drive from Shawnee. That’s where Billie Thompson will be. A police officer at Shawnee Mission Park going on 29 years, Thompson is off work today, and he’s going to watch baseball.
- Montemayor: 1,000-point milestones don’t obscure twins’, Bobcats’ grand thoughts
- 05:17 p.m., January 17, 2012 Updated 12:00 a.m.
- Toward the end of the first half of Basehor-Linwood’s boys basketball game against Pembroke Hill Monday, athletic director Joe Keeler walked over to the P.A. announcer, note card in hand.
- Montemayor: For teens on the football field, stakes are higher than we imagined
- January 12, 2012
- More attention being given to football’s effects on the “fragile teenage brain.”